Love of the Wild nominated for three Golden Venla Awards
Love of the Wild has been nominated for three awards in the 2018 Golden Venla Gala. The Television Academy chose the series as finalist in the Best Lifestyle program category, as well as nominated it for Best TV Program, chosen by public vote. Aki Huhtanen and Äijä the dog are also nominees in the Best Performer category.
Last year, the series made history by being the first northern Finnish series, and first nature and wildlife themed series to win the Best Program award. This year, an even bigger jackpot is possible!
NTRNZ media ltd and Happia Oy sign a cooperative agreement for a new animation series
Oulu-based award-winning operators NTRNZ media ltd and Happia Oy have made a cooperative agreement of producing a new animation series. The series is based on Happia Oy’s educative well-being service that is largely executed by NTRNZ media ltd.
– The adventurous characters of the series, ’The Ömps’, are exploring the world by movement and bodily expression. At the same time they are teaching the skills of emotion, interaction, problem solving and presence to children. Exercising these skills enhances the child’s self-awareness and the sense of involvement in relation to the child’s own environment, says Happia Oy’s CEO Sanna Virtanen.
The series will be marketed not only for Finland but also for international operators. NTRNZ media ltd has recently signed several international TV content agreements. This autumn Happia Oy’s Breikkeri service has been present, for example, on the screens of New York City’s Times Square.
– The series will challenge the traditional idea of the non-inclusive effect of screen content. In fact, it will turn this idea on its head. We will export Finnish early childhood education and Finnish values to the world through the methods developed by Happia, says Teemu Hostikka of NTRNZ media ltd, the producer of the series.
Magic in Lapland signs international distribution deal
Magic in Lapland, a TV series co-produced by awarded production company NTRNZ media and magician-illusionist Henri Kemppainen has signed an international distribution agreement. Hong Kong based Lightning International will distribute the series internationally.
– We are months ahead of schedule, as we thought we’d sign the distribution contract at the end of the year. Now, instead of finding a distributor, we get to already sell the series next week in Cannes at MIPCOM, says Executive Producer Teemu Hostikka.
Magic in Lapland is a combination of the magical nature of Finland and the close-up magic and illusions of Henri Kemppainen. The filming began in the summer of 2018 and the winter episodes will be filmed during the coming winter. The series is being filmed across Finland.
– I believe we’ve hit a jackpot content-wise. The trailer alone had 24 000 Facebook fans from Asia rush to our page in less than a week, says Henri Kemppainen.
– The deal is significant for us, because we were looking for a distributor with special knowledge of the Asian market. Lightning International is an experienced player in the field, and they have followed the progress of the project for the past year. They have a strong network in the rest of the world as well, says Teemu Hostikka.
Magic in Lapland is a English language TV series aimed at international markets. The team consists of the biggest names in TV magic. Henri Kemppainen is being consulted by international magic consultant Christian Engblom, who has previously consulted e.g. David Blaine and performed in Penn & Teller’s tv series ”Fool Us.”
The pyrotechnics are the work of Jani Järvinen, who has worked for Tiësto, David Guetta, Armin van Buuren and Finnish rap icon Elastinen, as well as created pyrotechnics for multiple TV series.
Henri Kemppainen is a Finnish magician-illusionist who has studied in Las Vegas. He was awarded the Performer of the Year 2016 by Evento Awards and the Master Magician Emeritus Reijo Salminen trophy in 2015 and 2016. He has performed in several international arenas, including Abu Dhabi.
The series is produced by NTRNZ media Ltd, an Oulu based creative agency best known for the Love of the Wild TV series (Finnish TV Academy Golden Venla 2017 Winner, Best TV series). The first two seasons of the series have been sold to over 30 countries. The international version of the series, Love of the Wild – From the Alps to the Arctic is being filmed in five countries across Europe and will premiere in 2020.
+358 45 639 8664,
NTRNZ media Oy
+358 40 821 7749
Magic in Lapland website and trailer: http://www.magicoflapland.tv